Monthly pass for students and pensioners
Valid from the 1st day 12:00 a.m. of the choosen month until the 5th day 11:59 p.m. of the next month for unlimited number of trips on the local bus service of the BIOKOM in the City of Pécs. The pass is valid only using with a valid certificate (student's cert., pensioner's cert.), which identity number must be ink written on the pass before the first travel (readable and without correction). The pass (with the Tüke Card if needed) must be shown and given for the ticket inspector if asked.
The following persons are entitled to a student pass:
- kindergarten pupil elder than 6 years;
- Pupil or student attending regular daytime or evening courses of an educational institution;
- Pupil or student attending regular daytime or evening courses of a basic, secondary or higher educational institution of a neighbouring country on the basis of Act LXII/2001 (on Hungarians Living in Neighbouring Countries);
- Pupil or student with the right to free movement and residence attending regular daytime or evening courses of an educational institution located in an EU Member State, EEC Treaty state or a state whose citizens have a right to free movement that equals that of EEC Treaty states on the basis of an international agreement between the European Community, its Member States and a state that is not a member of the EEC Treaty.
Students in correspondence courses and in e-learning are not entitled to use a discounted pass!
The following documents are accepted for supporting the entitlement to the pass:
- Valid Hungarian student identification card
- Valid certificate issued by the educational institution in place of a student ID as defined in accordance with the appendix of Government Decree 362/2011 (XII.30.) on Educational Identification Documents
- the student appendix of the "Magyar igazolvány" and "Magyar hozzátartozói igazolvány" certificates or of their supplements
Foreign-issued student IDs (issued in any EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Switzerland of a universal or school-specific format) or the international student ID (ISIC) under the following conditions. A Hungarian citizen or a person with the right to free movement and residence is entitled to use a foreign-issued student ID or an international student ID if he or she is attending regular daytime or evening courses
a) at the seat or
b) at the Hungary-based branch (in which case the student ID shows the name of the educational institution used at its seat) of an educational institution with a seat in any EU Member State other than Hungary, or in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Switzerland.
Instead of a foreign-issued student ID or an international student ID, a passport or any other photo ID is accepted from foreign pupils under the age of 16.
- Photo ID suitable for personal identification (personal ID or passport) up until age 14 of the pupil, regardless if school attendance is in Hungary or abroad. The discount is based on age only and applies to any citizen regardless of the ID-issuing country.
Student travel discounts apply during the validity period of the student ID, but the latest until the following dates:
- the expiry date of the monthly pass with a start date in October, in case of student IDs valid for the whole school year or for the second semester
- the expiry date of the monthly pass with a start date in March, in case of student IDs valid for the first semester of the school year
The certificate issued by the educational institution in place of a student ID in accordance with the appendix of Government Decree 362/2011 (XII.30.) is only valid together with a photo ID in case of persons above the age of 14.
The appropriate foreign and international student IDs are accepted for the indicated validity periods; student passes purchased with a start date during the ID validity period can be used the latest for a month from the last day of validity of the given student ID. If the validity period is indicated only by month and year, then the last day of that month will be considered. If no expiry date (or school year, semester) is indicated on the student ID, then the ID is accepted for 1 year from the date of issue or (depending on the indication) during the school year. If no date of issue (school year) is indicated at all, the ID is not accepted as a student ID.
In case no number or photo is shown on the accepted foreign student ID, but the indicated data thereon can be clearly matched with a personal identification document, then the student ID is valid with the latter document. In case no number is available on the student ID, the number of the personal identification document needs to be indicated in the appropriate field of the pass slip. The foreign student ID is accepted only if it is a separate document i.e. it is not printed onto a bankcard or any other card issued by a business venture.